A story to listen to on the train from Darlington to Bishop Auckland
I never met my great grandmother Nora, but she hovers around the edges of my mother’s memory.
A tiny woman, she died when my mam was about 7. She remembers her baby teeth coming out at the time.
Nora's story is linked to the landscape that you travel through, as you take the train from Darlington to Bishop Auckland on the train.
A brand new collaboration bringing pop-up theatre events onto the first passenger train line in the world.
Dates and Times:
Thursdays & Saturdays from 31 March – 28 April
Meet at station 10:35am, 12:35, 6:05pm
(duration 90 mins inc. return journey from Bishop Auckland)
AGE & ACCESS: all ages – contact us about wheelchair spaces
TICKETS: FREE with your valid train ticket
Our Line is free for anyone with a valid train ticket from Darlington to Bishop Auckland on the designated services (see Dates and Times above). There will be Jabberwocky Market stewards on the trip with you, should you have any questions.
To book, please visit: www.brownpapertickets.com
To hear the story, you'll need to download HB&Co’s TlotT App onto your smartphone, tablet, or iPod. When you book, you will be sent a ticket code to enter into TlotT along with detailed information about 'Our Line'.
Please note, you will also need a pair of headphones.
- click www.brownpapertickets.com (it will take you to an external booking site)
- select the time and date that you would like to attend, and the number of tickets
- once booked, you will receive a confirmation email, please check the details
- the day before your booking you will receive another email, this time with a unique code so you can download the story and start the countdown to your journey
- please arrive at Darlington station at the time stated on your email
- you must also purchase a train ticket from Darlington to Bishop Auckland (return)
- when you arrive at the station, please introduce yourself to the Jabberwocky Market stewards and they will check that you’re ready to start
If you need a wheelchair space on the train, please mention that on the Brown Paper Tickets booking form – or you can contact us on firstname.lastname@example.org or call 07583 655018
Writer and Artistic Director for HB&Co: Hannah Bruce
Sound: Jonathan Eato
Voices: Jade Byrne and Helen Longworth
iOS Development: Peter Worth
Android Development: Theo Burt
Project Coordinator: Kirsten Yates
Executive Producer: Luxi Theatre
Supported by: Northern, the Bishop Line, and the University of York